The Fertility of Domain Focusing: the Three Logics of Growth
Domain Focusing has three domains: thinking, feeling, and empathy. The domains are not mutually exclusive but one becomes dominant at certain points in the focusing process and then it is important to know how to function in each domain. I see focusing as the linking and crossing between these domains. Each of the domains have ways of entering the implicit. Linking domains is often also an entering of the implicit. More specific names of the domains in action:
- Thinking—situations, story, insight;
- Feeling—exploring felt sensing;
- Empathy: self-empathy.
- Each domain has a logic functioning in the background.
- Thinking: traditional logic
- Feeling: logic of experiencing (Gendlin)
- Empathy: logic of beingness. (aka logic of loving)
The following download comes from notes put together by attendees of a workshop given by Robert in 2012 in Montreal, The workshop was held in collaboration with Diffusion Focusing Québec.